Friday, April 28, 2023

Fiber Arts Friday: Save Our Sheep Sweater, part 18

Since last time I have Kitchener'd the armpits closed and sewed on the buttons,... and, on the night before we got our home back after the major remodel, this is Complete!

AND now that it is complete, I think it is important to capture how large an achievement this is:

  • This sweater is 100% Hand-spun by me from Rare-Breed, American Wool.  Some of which was grown very close to my home.
  • Each of these yarns are their natural color.  Nothing is dyed.
  • I began spinning the yarn used in this sweater in April 2019
  • I started thinking seriously about this sweater in early-January 2022.
  • Cast-on in late-February 2022.
  • Final Bind-off and Finishing happened in late March 2023.

With four urgent projects (Wavy ScarfBlack Hat, Baker's Hat, Twisted Rib Stocking Cap), a little bit of time-out for one hot summer, finishing out the other WIPs (Summer CardiNew Normal SocksClown Fish SocksVery Berry SocksBrown Socks) and Two Tours de Fleece interfering with knitting progress over the last year, I'm very pleased with this sweater.

Especially when considering at early February last year, I was just restarting regular knitting after moving our farm and getting our former home ready for sale...  so I would say that this last year has been quite productive.


So my Save our Sheep Sweater has been 4 years in the making.  :-)

There are several mistakes and I could have made the button holes 2 stitches instead of 3.  The final result is rustic and I love it!  This is my first, fully-hand-spun, sweater and I love it!  I expect it will get lots of wearing for years to come.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

1 comment:

Linda said...

It looks amazing!! Talk about Hand Made in the USA! Congratulations! That really is impressive.