Friday, January 28, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Creative Urge

It always seems to hit me this time of year, but especially right now.... I feel a deep need to create, and I haven't been.

As we start to approach the end of our moving process, I hope to start to have time and head-space available for creating.

Creating, as in turning ideas into reality.  Not just making... food or following patterns designed by others... which is happening, though limited and enjoyable too.

I finished knitting a simple hat last weekend.  In normal times, this would have been a 2-3 week project, but this one took ~3 months.  I'm grateful to have a little winter remaining to use it.

Finishing this hat allowed me to begin working on my Save Our Sheep Sweater with the handspun SE2SE yarn I've made over the last few years.

I am working my Day Job out of my new Studio/Office space and things are starting to have their place.  But my loom is still in pieces...

My wheels have not been touched in so long, that I had to dust them the other day and my little looms are calling to me too...

The shelves have arrived, but need to be assembled.

Then a bit more organizing... and then hopefully, I can start working on the many ideas that have been stacking up.

Happy (though a bit melancholy) Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: