Friday, January 7, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Save our Sheep Sweater Challenge

Well... I did not finish the Shave 'Em to Save 'Em complete breed challenge on time.  I did, however, spin 14 breeds... and will continue to spin thru the remaining breeds.

There is a new challenge for 2022.... Save our Sheep Sweater.

The challenge here is to make a sweater from one (or many) of the SE2SE Wools.  Participants receive excellent guidance from Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook Author, Deborah Robson.  :-D

Even though I really don't expect to complete this challenge, I do think it's a worth while endeavor.  I have signed up and added the Q&A sessions to my calendar.

You can sign up too.... the first session is Wednesday, January 12th.  If you're not available for the live sessions, recordings will be made available in a dedicated Facebook Group

This challenge allows you to choose your own sweater pattern.  For me, the Navajo On Line Cardigan has been in my queue for a long time, and one I've been thinking about making a lot recently.  So this is the pattern that I will use for this challenge... and I'm thrilled to realize that I already own it... apparently, I bought it last summer.  :-D

Happy Fiber Arts Friday and Happy New Year!

No comments: