Friday, November 5, 2021

Fiber Arts Friday: Criss Cross Canine Cardigan, part 2 - Swatching

With the Copperbranch going into timeout, I was struggling with choosing which to focus on next.

I'm not ready to face my Box o" Unfinished Projects... because most of these either need to be ripped out or need special, focused attention.  None of which I am ready to do right now.... although, I did open the box and look inside... but I did not take a picture of it.  ;-)

So, while I only have one skein of yarn spun so far, this is going to be a very long-term project.  So I figured it's a good time to start knitting on my Criss Cross Canine Cardigan.

The pattern calls for a heavier yarn than I am spinning, which means the first step is Swatching, and I made several.

There are swatches on US3, US4, and US7 and US7 with the prescribed yarn.  None have been blocked.

In comparing the TM swatches (brown) with the prescribed swatch (white), I felt the US4 produced the most similar fabric.  So the bulk of the sweater will be worked on US4, with the button band on US3.

Progress is going slow, and it's already been ripped out once... mostly because I was confusing the leaning increases.  ;-)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: