Friday, August 6, 2021

Fiber Arts Friday: A New Long-term Project - Criss Cross Canine Cardigan

With Tour de Fleece 2020 v2.0 finishing at the end of September, I learned that I won a pattern from one of my team mates.  Yay!

I chose the Criss Cross Cardigan by Isabell Kraemer.  It had been in my queue for a little while and I thought that it would look nice in handpsun chiengora.

Upon choosing a size, rounding up the suggested yardage, and estimating weight based on my recent spin of Ramen... I packed a grocery sack full of washed fleece.

I think I will need 21-22 oz of yarn.  The full sack weighs 28.5 oz.  (As we know, I always over-estimate because I hate running out of yarn.)

I started to card it up the the next weekend Saturday (9/26/20).


I began spinning on a Tuesday (11/17/20) with the goal of a fine weight (sock to fingering), 2-ply yarn.

I set the first ply aside at the beginning of this year's Tour de Fleece and have finally finished the first skein for this project.  

I think I'll need about 1000 yards.  Which, at 155 yds, means that  I need to make six more similar skeins since and my weight estimate is holding.

Of course this is all pending confirmation by swatch.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: