Friday, July 2, 2021

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece 2021, part 2

The 2021 Tour de Fleece is underway!

As per usual, I have joined the Chiengora Team and as I mentioned in part 1, I am spinning Ramen's undercoat from last season.

I wound off the current single before starting the official Tour.  This has been set aside and will be combined into one of the final yarns after this year's Tour de Fleece is concluded.

And just to prove that I'm starting from scratch, here's the empty bobbin.  :-)

On a side note, I discovered a few weeks ago that there is a small SE2SE Team,  I briefly considered joining them, but let's be serious.... With all that's going on in my world right now, I will be surprised if I'm able to spin even a few minutes every day on just the chiengora.  :-)

Now on to the daily status:

Saturday, June 26

I'm going after a fairly fine gauge.

It always takes me a little bit to get consistent at the intended gauge... especially since Tibetan Mastiff is so slippery, it wants to spin very finely.

I managed to get a good amount spun this morning.

TM: 34:46 minutes


Sunday, June 27

TM: 23:19 minutes


Monday, June 28

TM: 15:12 minutes


Tuesday, June 29

Very busy day today.  Almost forgot to spin, but I made myself do it for 4 whole minutes.  Still Counts!!

TM: 4:08 minutes


Wednesday, June 30

Day 5 and the Leader is very close to being covered.

TM: 47:40 minutes


Thursday, July 1

Happy July!  I hope you're having favorable weather in your area.

I was able to get about a half-hour on my wheel this afternoon.  I really enjoy spinning, and wish I could spin this long every day.  :-)

TM: 24:31 minutes


Weekly Total: 

  • Weekly Time:  All Tibetan Mastiff, 2 hrs 29 minutes, 36 seconds
  • Days with Spinning: 6/6

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: