Tuesday, July 20, 2021

One Year of Yoga

Today marks one year of having a regular yoga practice.

I had been trying to re-build a regular practice for some time with varying levels of success, then Covid happened and most things shut down, including my poor practice of yoga.

This pause was actually very good for me.  With the ceasing of travel in early-March 2020 and layoff in mid-April 2020, I needed time to decompress from 18 months of commuting out-of-state for work.

Just sleeping and eating at home made a huge difference in my well-being.

Then in mid-July 2020, gyms in Colorado were allowed to open with mask and capacity requirements.  Which helped me feel more comfortable going back into the studio... and I went back on July 20th.

Since then, I've been keeping a monthly status of my progress (because I'm an engineer).

In these 12 months, the numbers on the scale and tape measure have not changed significantly.  However, my energy and pain levels have both improved dramatically... and I am still wearing my mask.

No comments: