Friday, December 23, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Black Hat, part 5

After Binding Off last time, I began the washing process with a salt bath.


Then a vinegar bath.


The dye didn't really start to bleed until the first soapy bath.


So I did a second round of salt, then vinegar, then soap, and two clear water changes.


I then blocked to dry.


I felt I blocked it a tad too severely, so I did another soaking round... and the first soapy bath resulted in more dye bleed.  sigh

So another round of salt, vinegar, and soap we go... and everything looks good now.

It's always interesting to me how a project comes together... for me it almost always starts with a clear vision of the finished product, then building the plan around how to accomplish it... be in gaining tools, supplies, and/or skills.  However, this project was about the yarn first.

Yes, I knew I wanted to make a hat, but the details around how the hat was constructed or would look as a finished object was flexible... as evidenced by the fact that I made it one-and-a-half-and-a-half times.

AND I now have only five active projects!

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I can barely keep track of ONE project! Seriously, I only ever have ONE project on the needles at a time. I commend your ability to multi task. :) Merry Christmas!! Stay warm.