Friday, September 23, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Small and Simple, part 2

Coming back to my Small and Simple sock project...

Step 4 - Begin Knitting

Based on the needles required, my inventory of tools, and my intent to keep this project as simple as possible, I will be knitting one sock at a time.

Once I'm past the toe, the sock is extremely simple until I get to the heel.

So I have caked 2 skeins, made two toes, and am ready to bring these with me on my trip.

...

...

...

Step 5 - Knit, Knit, Knit, and don't Talk About It

I apparently haven't taken any photos along the way.  lol.

I did take this project with me on my summer work trip.  I made a huge amount of progress both before and during that trip.

I also took this project to several waiting sessions... as in a couple of oil changes, an emissions test, one dog show... and waiting on hold with my Internet Service Provider for over 3 hours.  :-/

I bound off on September 11 and wove in the ends on September 12.


Ta Da!!  My very first hand-knit socks made by me, for me.  :-)

Only 5 months, start-to-finish.  :-D

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: