Friday, September 2, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Summer Cardigan, part 2

Summer Floral Cardi, Yarn Chicken Status...
  • The Back Upper-Panel is complete at 92g with 20g of it's skein remaining.
  • The Lower Panel is just shy of 50% complete and has consumed one full skein, 118g.
  • The first Front Upper-Panel is also nearly 50% complete and has used 14g thus far with 101g remaining.

Therefore I expect to need the following in order to finish this project:
  • Lower Panel (118+small %): 120g
  • Front Panels (14x3): 42g
  • Stitching four panels together and making sleeve caps: UNK

At this moment, I have 20+101g or 121g remaining.  Which means I am at least 41g short in my initial purchase of yarn.

So I am very happy to have received the additional yarn, but will likely only use half of one skein.  I really(!) like working with this yarn... so the extra 4.5 skeins bought in late July will not go to waste.


I've also run into a point of confusion on the first Front Upper Panel... I believe I have crocheted everything correctly up to this point, but the instructions on Row 10 don't jive with the stitches in Row 9.  There are no errata available at the time of this writing.  So this will require more study.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: