Tuesday, September 13, 2022

New Adventure: Chickens, part 2

Well, we don't have the new adult chickens yet.  So it appears to have been a good move to get the 6 chicks to keep our lone surviving hen company.

They are growing fast.

They started to escape their trough last week, so I moved them out of it.

As of yesterday, they are exploring beyond their corner of the Chicken House and starting to run after little things that move.

I have not let them out into the larger coop yet.

Fluffy Face was crowing this morning.

I didn't know that hens crowed.  Apparently it's common and is related to claiming territory.  Since the chicks are getting larger and more interested in exploring, I think this makes sense.


The chicks are 3 weeks old as of yesterday.  I imagine another week or two and all of their baby fluff will have been replaced with feathers.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sara over at Punkin's Patch (http://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com) has a crowing hen too!