Tuesday, April 17, 2012

An Afternoon in Estes Park

I had plans to meet one of my favorite friends in Estes Park on Saturday.  It's one of my favorite places.  Clearly, since I've written about it more than a few times.  It's certainly one of the most beautiful places I've been.... Quintessential Colorado, in my opinion.  :-)

I arrived late for lunch, but had a good reason.


We ate at the Stanley Hotel,


took a walk around the lake,


saw wildlife,


and took photos.


The elk were shedding.  I did not find any dropped fiber so I thought about asking the pretty lady below if she would give me some, but I didn't.  ;-)


It rained, it snowed and it hailed.  We laughed until our cheeks hurt.  It was a perfect day.  :-)

2 comments:

Voie de Vie said...

Glad you had fun! To me, there's a definitely "feel" to the Rockies ...

MarmePurl said...

The husband had a conference at the Stanley a few years ago. I opted not to go. From your pictures, It looks like I goofed.