Sunday, October 10, 2010

10/10/10 10:10 GMT

This morning at 4:10 am at my home in the Mountain Time Zone it was also 10:10 am at Greenwich Mean Time... 10/10/10 10:10 GMT.

It was the World Wide Moment.

More than 1700 people living in more than 80 countries took photos at this time in the name of peace.

Since it was dark, I decided to take a photo of something in my house that was peaceful.

For me, spinning is a peaceful experience and I am currently spinning some incredibly soft cashmere/tussah silk roving.  So right now, spinning is both peaceful and luxurious.  :-)

This is my World Wide Moment photo:


You will be able to see the photos that everyone else took on the World Wide Moment site.

I am having a couple of issues uploading my photo.

1. It's too big. Mine is 2.99 MB, allowed is 65.31 MB.  I have (so far) been unable to figure out how to save as a smaller file.

2.  The date and time on my camera are incorrect.  While I was looking at the properties of my photo, I noticed my camera thought it was yesterday night.  I vaguely remember not caring about the date and time too much when I got and set up this camera, but I guess I now know why it's relevant.

I'm going back to sleep and will try again a little later.

2 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

Well...I only work on Michigan time so...I took my picture when my clock was at 10:10am. You are better than me to get up in the middle of the night...or super early morning.

I was out scooping poo so my photo was of my Alpacas (who would have ever guessed that?)

AllyB said...

Such perfectly spun yarn...I aspire to reach that level of excellence.