Thursday, June 30, 2022

#Moosewood2022, part 4 - May and June

Continuing on with the Moosewood 2022 Challenge... 

May

Recipe #15: Tomato Curry (new), page 175

I was saving this one for the glut of summer tomatoes, but Hubba and I both bought tomatoes in the last few days.  So we're starting out May with another delicious curry...

I'm glad that I'm tracking this as we go.  Because at the end of May, I thought I had made zero Moosewood recipes this month... Don't worry, we're not starving.... just eating other things.  ;-)

June

Recipe #16: Eggplant Scallopini Marsala (new), page 83

I don't know what makes it "Scallopini" but this is delicious... even if I had to improvise on the Basil and use a blend of Italian Spices that we received as a Christmas gift.  I didn't bother to check our inventory, because who doesn't have Dried Basil in their pantry?  Me, that's who... and the settling in from the move continues.  lol.


In looking at the Dictionary, Scallopini means thin slices of meat sauteed or fried... however, my eggplant is diced, and not meat, so technically this dish is not scallopini.  ;-)


Stats:

  • 12 + 2 = 14 (new) = new-to-me recipe...  ie, one I have not made before
  • 2 + 0 = 2 (standard) = recipes I have made frequently over the years, because we love it so much
  • 0 + 0 = 0 (repeat) = previously made in the #Moosewood2022 challenge

16 Total Recipes as of Month #6 and Week #26 of the year.  So while I've slowed down significantly, I'm still ahead of my overall goal of 2 per month.

1 comment:

Linda said...

"Who doesn't have dried Basil in their panty?"....raises hand :D