Friday, June 24, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Save Our Sheep Sweater, part 10

After finishing up the Tunis Breed Band and eeking out the last few rows with balls of yarn attached in all three sections.

I began with Gulf Coast.   I decided to start with the smallest ball first... theoretically, if my spinning is consistent, the smallest ball will be the limiter on the breed band and I should not end up having to add rows to section that have been "completed."

At this point, I have both sleeves finished with the Gulf Coast Band and have started on the Body.


While the first two breed bands were very similar in color, this Gulf Coast is much more white and much more springy.  I will definitely need to get more of this fleece.

I will keep it close for cool mornings, but this has already slowed way down due to the hotter weather.

        

But because I am me, I figured out how many rounds remain (80+70x2+14), where the remaining Breed Bands will fall, and whether I am using yarn at the rate I expected...

Assuming I'll be able to make some progress over the summer, it will likely be September/October by the time this sweater is complete.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday... and Happy Summer!!

No comments: