Friday, October 25, 2019

Fiber Arts Friday: Scrappy Palindrome

After finishing Hubba's Improvised Watchman Hat, I decided that I needed to get serious about my Stash Busting... or at least my Scrap Busting.

I have a few different weights of yarn that aren't enough for a single project on their own.  I had been thinking about a few projects over the years, but nothing was quite right and my scrap stash wasn't too huge... yet.

But after working on the Watchman Hat, and holding the orange yarn double, I decided that I could muster a decent project.

So armed with a pair of US3 circular needles and a set of DPNs for checking gauge, I have decided on a Palindrome Scarf.

I love my old Palindrome Scarf, and still wear it a lot, along with the Scrappy Scarf that BitsnPieces gave to me a while back.

So here's the yarn I'm starting with...


There is yarn from Hubba's Paralympic Medal Socks, Hubba's Improvised Watchman Hat, Socks given to me by Spinster Beth, some sample yarn, my Forever Wingspan, a hat/scarf set I made for my sister, and a couple of scraps from BitsnPieces.... a total of 128 grams (~4.5 oz) in this photo.


I asked Hubba if he likes it.... he said, "It's too soon to tell."  lol

I'm thinking I should have started with larger needles, some of this fabric is more dense that I would like for this scarf.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: