Friday, December 25, 2015

Fiber Arts Friday: Palindrome Scarf, part 8

Two years and three months later, I have a finished Palindrome Scarf.

There was a time where I was knitting 1 inch each week but back in September I was just picking it up after it had been sitting for a (long) while.


The final length is 90 inches after blocking.  It wraps around my neck once and hangs at a favorable length,


which means it also wraps twice on a really cold day.


I ultimately made three stripes with the 15g of black.


I really, really like this pattern.  Simple and easy, but not boring... and no wrong side. :-)

I had lots of purling practice and used up all of my left over yarn (the point of this project) ..... and almost half of the supplemental yarn.  So I still have left over Yak+Merino yarn, which was not the point.  :-/

I used the Miraculous Elastic Bind Off which is quite stretchy, but not crazy stretchy.  I will definitely use this one again.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday and Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

tom said...

nice!

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Yeah for finally finishing! It looks great and perfect length!