Friday, March 28, 2014

Fiber Arts Friday: Palindrome Scarf, part 3

Since last time, when I realized I would need to buy ~5.75 ounces (~163 grams) of yarn to finish my Palindrome Scarf, I have acquired more yarn and changed needles.

I went to the to the LYS  to find a complimentary color of the same yarn, but they no longer carried it.  :-(  So off to Ravelry.... but was not successful in finding anyone state-side willing to de-stash.  :-(  So off to the Bella Yarns website in Rhode Island, who as far as I can tell is the only source for Lang Yak in the US.  :-)


The yarn is milled in Switzerland and my original stash came from a trip Hubba took to Japan a few years ago.  So I'm happy to now have enough yarn to finish this project.



Also a comment from ChrisKnits helped me realize that I was using bamboo needles, which are not my favorite and that I most likely had metal ones in the same size.  I added a life line so I would know where the needle change happened and made the switch.

The Yak+Merino yarn is a bit sticky coupled with the bamboo needles which are also sticky and while the cable is a little short on my circs, I am happier with the metal needles on this project.


At 20.5 inches long, I only have 39.5 inches to go.  ;-)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I did? Glad to be of help. Yay for finding the yarn you need!! Love the colors.

Vivian said...

Handknitting.com carries a lot of Lang brand yarns and patterns if you ever need more yarn. They are based in Wyoming and sell mostly online and at Stitches events.

Voie de Vie said...

Hey there - haven't been here in a while! I do love that color combo, and you're almost half done. :)

Pooch said...

Having your very special yarn makes the knitting all the more relaxing and rewarding, doesn't it? Congrats on finding exactly what you wanted!
:)

WonderWhyGal said...

Happy that you got the rest of the yarn. Hoping that the switch in needles make the knitting more enjoyable.