Because there is so much halo with this yarn, I didn't want the felting of a Spit Splice to show in the finished fabric.
The last time I used the Russian Join technique there were a few stitches that were bigger than the others. Most likely this would not have been noticeable since the hand-spun is more irregular and heavier gauge and I'm knitting more loosely than last time.
Ultimately I decided to knot the yarn because I thought I would be able to hide the ends well-enough later.
After I had enough fabric on both sides of the join, I untied the knot and started working to hide the ends.
First twisting the yarns to close the hole and then hiding the ends in the purls.
I had to pull the stitches around on the front side, but I think this is pretty close to invisible.
Happy Fiber Arts Friday.