Friday, December 20, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday: Fingerless Mitts, part 4

Finished!


I'm challenged with the ladders... the space between needles.  I did a better job with the second mitt, which is not very apparent in the photo below.  :-/  I'm hoping they will improve a bit with a good soaking.


The second mitt is a little smaller than the first... so I can now see a reason for attempting two-at-a-time.  ;-)

These were my first pair of mittens.  They also had my first Russian Join.


The join is to the left of the thumb gusset... almost un-noticeable.  :-)


The alpaca+silk yarn is lovely and soft.  I think these will work perfectly for computer work when it gets cold again.

7 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

Very nice...and you can almost feel their softness through
the screen! Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Love them!!! I am sure the ladders will block out.

WonderWhyGal said...

Do you think your gauge changed from the first to the second? I know that has happened to me especially with socks. I've never tried knitting two at a time. I am still confused with that technique. I love your mitts.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

They came out great....I do have trouble sometimes with ladders too...

Cathy Johnson said...

Well done for completing the mittens, they are lovely. Your Russian joint is brilliant, I must try it sometimes.

Merry Christmas to you and family!

Kathryn Ray said...

Thanks everyone!

@WWG - I most definitely knit the second mitt tighter. I've not done two-at-a-time either... at least not yet. ;-)

Andria said...

Gorgeous! I like the join, it is a brilliant way to do it. I have issues with ladders too......I'm still working on it!