Friday, December 27, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday: Stripey Scarf

A few weeks ago Vivian over at Bits and Pieces gave away a scarf she made.  It was her "car project."  Only working on it while waiting or being a passenger.

I love the idea of a "car project" to make those few minutes here and there useful, but I'm rarely in my car anymore.... or on an airplane for that matter.  So I have a cubby with a go-bag for each in-progress-project and just grab which ever one suits my fancy when I think I may have some waiting or passenger time.

Anyway, I am the lucky recipient of Vivian's beautiful work.  It has made an appearance at a couple of Christmas parties already and will be keeping me warm while doing farm chores this winter.


She was also kind enough to send some of her yarn scraps.  I had told her I was wanting to make something of a yarn quilt, but didn't have enough yarn in similar weights.

But now I have a little more to work with.... it might be time to start putting a real project plan together.  :-)


Happy Fiber Arts Friday and I hope you're having a wonderful Holiday season.  :-)

8 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Lucky you! It's a great scarf...

Unknown said...

How wonderful! What weight scraps do you need? I have tons of scraps in all kinds of weights and colors. Always wondering what to do with them. Have a Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely scarf :)

Vivian said...

So glad you got the box before Christmas ans was able to put the scarf to good use.

Nancy McCarroll said...

Good for you for receiving that cute stripes scarf.

And great to get more yarns, too.

WonderWhyGal said...

LOve it! I got one of her scarves last spring and it's been keeping mine and my daughter's neck warm so far this winter.

Spinster Beth said...

I look forward to seeing your yarn quilt. I made one with granny squares, and I absolutely loved it.

Emily said...

Lucky duck! Looks so pretty!