Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Feeling Grateful

A few years ago, when we moved back to Colorado from New Mexico, I bought a big down coat.  I call it my "Saint Paul Parka."


I bought the coat because New Mexico has mild winters, I had lived there for a very long time and was suddenly commuting to the Twin Cities of Minnesota... specifically, Saint Paul.  I knew my winter coat, that had been perfectly fine for New Mexico, was not going to cut it in Minnesota.


What I didn't realize at the time is that Northern Colorado gets just as cold, only it's not for as long.  Of course the sun shines more here, but I digress.  ;-)


So when the weather is like it is right now, I am grateful for my Saint Paul Parka.


We went below freezing (+32F) yesterday afternoon and will stay there for the next week.

3 comments:

Patty@inStitches said...

But you have to admit when the temp is 50F one day and you wake up to 12F the next day it can be a bit schocking to the system - and Iv'e lived my whole life on the plains of Northeastern Colorado - I keep thinking I'll get used to it!-)

simply bev said...

Our temps have been fluctuating wildly in recent months. Thank heavens for wonderfully warm winter coats!

Sharon said...

I love seeing your St. Paul Parka! You would absolutely need it this year in MN!