Friday, December 6, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday: Fingerless Mitts, part 2

I was on the road last week.  It was supposed to be time off around Thanksgiving, but since my DayJob is in IT, I did have to spend some time working. :-/  In spite of that, I made a lot of progress on my Fingerless Mitts while we were out of town.

I like small projects for traveling.... they don't take up a whole lot of space or weight... and when you're like me and detest checking bags, less is more.  :-)

I'm feeling much better about the pattern, although I did forego the lace at the top.

Now to make a second one, more-or-less the same size.  ;-)

I hope you're staying warm on this Fiber Arts Friday!


Vivian said...

It's so nice to catch up on your blog. The alpaca mittens look so warm and comfortable, I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of them.

Cathy said...

The mitts are coming along nicely, I can almost feel the softness of the alpaca yarn.

Voie de Vie said...

I'm with Cathy, the softness of that yarn just comes right through the screen. Lurvely. :)

WonderWhyGal said...

I like the mitts as they are. Good call on ditching the lace. They look super soft.

Chrisknits said...

They look so warm and cozy! Glad you got to have a project along with you.

Carmen N said...

Very nice mitts - they look like they'd be the perfect length and thickness for me to wear to work (it's been freezing lately)!. I may have to make some like it.