Friday, March 22, 2019

Fiber Arts Friday: Twined Mittens

The last time I posted about my Twined Gunnar Mittens, I had bound them off using the 3-Needle Bind off technique.  This is generally my go to method and turns out to be the recommended technique in my book, but I did not like the finish on this project.


So I used a slightly modified Kitchener Stitch this time.


I like this finish so much better, even though I did mess up a little toward the end.



Since the Fiber Celebration has been suspended for 2019, I have my eyes open for other shows that might be appropriate for hand-spun, hand-knit, chiengora, mittens.

In the meantime, I've got the thumb and one more mitten to knit.

Current Status:
  • 5-1/4 oz, 312.5 yd complete in 4 skeins
  • 3/4 oz in singles
  • 1-1/4 oz in mittens
  • 4-1/8 oz of prepared fiber remain
Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: