Friday, August 31, 2018

Fiber Arts Friday: Raptor Program Piece

It was the end of April 2017.  I was reminiscing on FB about having learned to cable 7 years earlier when a dog show friend asked about sales of my knitted items.  I said I don't sell my handmade goods, but I do gift occasionally.  Which got me thinking about making something for a dog show prize.  But she was thinking about the Rocky Mountain Raptor Program Art Auction.  Which I thought was a great idea!


I spent some time with my stash, thinking about the Raptor Program and considering different projects... I eventually settled on Surfinia using a homegrown, hand-spun, Huacaya Alpaca.

I like the story this yarn tells.... our Huacaya Alpaca are protected by our Tibetan Mastiffs.  This friend is one of the Conformation Coaches, where we take our dogs to practice.


This yarn won a Blue Ribbon at our County Fair in 2015.

This shawl won a Reserve Best in Show at our County Fair in 2017.


This piece was donated to the Rocky Mountain Raptor Program Art Auction and "contributed to their record breaking event in February earlier this year.




Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: