Friday, November 6, 2015

Fiber Arts Friday: Fiber

I wrote earlier this week about how writing helps me to feel grounded.  My other main go to when I need grounding is fiber.

I have lots of fiber-y pursuits.  Often several are in progress at the same time.

At the moment I have a hand-spun Tibetan Mastiff scarf on the needles,


yak on the wheel,


and a bag of washed Tibetan Mastiff ready to be carded.


I also have yak/merino and alpaca patiently waiting on needles.  Sock yarn on a crochet hook, cotton on a bobbin and cashmere on a spindle.  Not to mention a large stash of raw alpaca that is ready to be skirted.


Working with the animals and their fiber goes a long way toward keeping me focused on the things that matter most.

2 comments:

Voie de Vie said...

That scarf is looking very dreamy!

Cath said...

Oh wow! I am reading your blog with new eyes now that I have discovered all things fleecy and spun. I am so glad you commented on my post about Lucy. Funny I was thinking of you the other day and all your alpacas and spinning. I think your blog was one of the many factors influencing me to start spinning in the first place. I am sure I will be visiting here a lot more frequently and hopefully learning a bit too. Your different fibre projects look wonderful.