Sunday, November 29, 2015

Complaint

If there is anything I dislike more than shopping and returning something that isn't what it's supposed to be, it is returning something because it doesn't work.

Since I wrote about puppy-proofing our de-icers, I have bought two more of the second brand... for a total of four this year.  One works, three don't.

Those are pretty bad odds.

So thinking that my brand new de-icers should be in working order, I have replaced extension cords, swapped outlets and swapped cords.  When the second one didn't work either, I did the whole thing again thinking I had missed a scenario.  So when the third didn't work, I resigned myself, went back to the first store and bought one of the first brand from last time and that one is working.


We haven't been above freezing since Wednesday evening... all tanks have open water. :-)

Now to hope Miss Nobu doesn't decide to kill this one.

Happy Winter!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Can you wrap the cord in a layer of hardware cloth or smaller mesh chicken wire maybe? To help reduce the "fun" of chewing?