Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hecho en Mexico


When I lived in New Mexico, we would occasionally come across Coca-Cola that was made in Mexico.

This Coke is made with real sugar.  Not the high-fructose corn syrup stuff we get in the US.  It's also bottled in the older fashion glass bottle, which I prefer.  I think beverages always taste better out of glass.

I'm pretty sure this is the "Old Coke" recipe.  If you happen to remember the 80's, they said that "New Coke" was preferred and "Old Coke" was phased out.

I guess I have different taste buds from everyone else, because this is how a Coke is supposed to taste.  So if you ever come across Coca-Cola Hecho en Mexico, do yourself a favor and pick up a couple.

2 comments:

Rolf Barbakken/Knapper Alpakka said...

That's funny, because we have never tasted Coca-Cola without real sugar. It has always been made with real sugar in Norway and, as far as I have seen, any other country I have visited. Interesting anecdote :-)

Kathryn Ray said...

Really? How interesting...

I haven't tried Coca-Cola when I've been to other countries. I will next time, for sure.