Friday, September 6, 2024

Fiber Arts Friday: Rainbow Trout Circles the Square, part 3

We took a last-minute trip to San Francisco over Memorial Day Weekend.  Fortunately with both socks set up for travel, I was able to take one with me and chose the sock with the 9-inch circulars.  I made fair bit of progress on the airplane... finishing the cuff and beginning the leg.

Then I spent much of Memorial Day unpacking my studio, which means I now have access to my longer circular needles.  So I pulled out two 16-inchers and two 24-inchers and then moved both socks to the longer circulars... both socks are now much more comfortable to be knitting, and both have the cuffs complete.

In June I took both socks with me on a 10-day road trip, so I was able to make some progress.

Then a few unexpected light days meant I finished both legs at the end of June 2024.

In mid-July, I completed both Heel Straps

and began work on the first Gusset.  These socks sure look weird right now.  lol.

By late July (2024), I completed the first part of the first Gusset.  I am pleased that the Rainbow Trout stripes are not in an even cadence.... if they were, it would be very obvious that these rounds are longer than on the leg section, and therefore thinner.

I find myself wanting to make a pair of these out of my mini-rainbow skeins... since the skeins are separate, I could control the thickness of each strip... but there would be more ends to weave in.... alas, something to spend some time on later.  ;-)


Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: