Friday, August 30, 2024

Fiber Arts Friday: Cattitude Pussy Hat

Well, I really don't need another project on my plate... but if you know me, you know some things just need to be done.


With the Republican attacks on child-free women recently (here and here)... I, along with many women like me, have been incensed.

One, I follow on Threads, took it further and wrote a (free) pattern for an updated Pussy Hat.  This one is angry and has her ears folded back... full-on Cattitude.

With the addition of Tim Walz to the dem ticket, I feel much more positive and fighting FOR something, than AGAINST something.

So while I was vacillating between including one of the phrases on  the brim, I decided to leave it word-less.  :-)


My hat is still green... though mine is much darker than the BRAT green suggested in the pattern. :-)

At this point, the first day of the DNC, I am ready to join the brim...

I should have done two things when casting on this project...

  • Marked the beginning of the round and
  • cast on over a lifeline.
Sigh.... picking up these dark stitches will take some patience, good light, and good glasses.

Until next time, Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

No comments: