Friday, August 23, 2024

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece, 2024 - part 7

 **Second part of Women's Race

Continuing with the second half of the Women's Tour de Fleece... I am pleased to have completed the Paco-Vicuna single last week.


Friday, August 16

Alpaca-ish - Paco-Vicuna:  15 minutes

I began plying today.

The cake weighed 30g (~1oz) when I started and now weighs 20g.  So I only plied about 1/3 of the single.


Saturday, August 17

Alpaca-ish - Paco-Vicuna:  11 minutes

I have a knot in the singles... if I'm not able to open it, I will have to break the singles and make 2 yarns.


Sunday, August 18

Alpaca-ish - Paco-Vicuna:  10 minutes

I was able to remove the knot, then continued plying for ~10 minutes.

I have 8g remaining to be plied.

Weekly Status:

Duration:  

  • Alpaca-ish:  1 hour 21 minutes + 38 minutes = 1 hour 59 minutes

Net Days Spun: 4 of 4 + 3 of 3 = 7 of 7, no missed days

Finished Skeins:  1


Epilogue

While I did not finish the Paco-Vicuna during the tour, I did finish it this week.... while also making and resolving another ouple of knots.  :-/


The total is 30g (1 1/8 oz), 93 yds, 2-ply over ~2hours and 7 days.


Remember - The Paralympics start on August 28.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: