Friday, June 30, 2023

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece, 2023, part 1

Prologue

It really took me a long time to get my focus figured out for this year's Tour de Fleece.

I began my initial planning while in our temporary housing, on a snowy March 1st... by looking thru my stash listed in Ravelry (since the actual stash was packed away for our remodel).

Now that we're back in our home and I've done some unpacking and organizing... I've confirmed that I could take a Tour of just Silk.  Then after last month's Estes Park Wool Market, I also have many batts, rovings, and now rolags prepared from my two Clemes and Clemes Drum Carding Classes.  I still have several Shave 'Em to Save 'Em samples to go, and there is quite a collection of rare and fine fibers, as well as a few really unusual fibers.

BUT

I have agreed to give a presentation on the use of Chiengora in Fiber Arts to a local Kennel Club in August, so I have decided to focus on Tibetan Mastiff and spin it multiple ways.

As much as I want to be able to work on other things during this Tour, I think being able to accomplish the items I need for my presentation and hopefully something for the county fair has to be the priority... and acknowledge the fact that I don't (yet) have as much time available to allocate to this event as I want to.

So I have committed to only the Chiengora Team.  It looks like we will be a smaller than usual group this year.  Which will be a nice experience.

This year's Tour de France includes the second edition of the Tour de France Femme

So there are 21 Stages, with 2 rest days for the Mens' race and 8 Stages for the Womens' race... or 29 total stages and 28 total race days between July 1 and July 30.

I'm very much looking forward to spinning this summer.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!  The Tour begins Tomorrow.

No comments: