Friday, June 16, 2023

Fiber Arts Friday: Estes Park Wool Market, 2023

Last weekend was the Estes Park Wool Market.

For 2023 I took only the Adventures in Drum Carding Class, which is the next level after the Exploring the Drum Carder class I took last year.


I did do a thing that is abnormal for me... I turned my phone to silent, put it in my bag, and didn't look at it until the end of the day.  Which also means that this is the only picture I took...


We made five batts, mostly focused on blending techniques.  Three of them are in their storage sleeves, and I don't want to remove them, since getting them back in would be difficult... So you'll just have to wait to see them until I decide to spin them...  ;-)


We also made pencil roving and a batch of rolags.

Shopping:
As a student, I was granted access to the Market Preview on Friday evening.  I was looking for Sock Blockers, Stitch Markers, and a yarn complimentary to an in-work project.

I also found a steel-purple yarn (they call it periwinkle) and a Yak/Silk roving in a beautiful metal-like colorway.

I do enjoy the surprises that come up at this Market.  :-)


FACE of Fiber in the Rockies:
The Arts Center of Estes Park was also hosting their annual FACE of Fiber in the Rockies show.  So we stopped by to see the opening.  Spoke with a couple of the artists and enjoyed the display.

I did not take photos... again.

Sometimes it's just better to enjoy the experience, and not interrupt it with technology.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: