Friday, February 14, 2020

Fiber Arts Friday: Startitis and Long Term Projects

I admire people who can dedicate their time and focus to one project or subject.

This has never been me.  I learned a while back there's a term for it, multipotentialite, but that's a different post. ;-)

So while I prefer to have multiple projects in various stages of maturity in multiple subjects, there is a point where it gets to be too much.  Which means I've written posts like this before, I think because it helps me prioritize my ideas and activities.


Knitting
  • Tempestry New Normal - recently started
  • Scrappy Palindrome - starting to slow down and on the verge of being on hold.
  • Bending Toward Justice - this idea was hatched on March 31, 2019 and has been my primary focus since August.  It is very close to being finished, but has not been shared online yet.  This project must be complete by the middle of March.
  • Swatches for Finishing Class - recently started.  Must be complete by June.
  • On Hold: Copperbranch - I intended to pick this up over the winter.  It needs dedicated, quiet attention.  It is too big to travel and too hot to work on in the summer.
  • On Hold: Rill Scarf
  • On Hold: one unfinished Christmas Gift
  • A fresh idea for a hat.  The design has been drafted.  I'm anxious to test it.
Spinning
  • SE2SE Breed 8 of 22 - Gulf Coast
  • On Hold: White Suri Alpaca - started so, so long ago, and only TBD oz to go
  • Spindling Cashmere
  • Tour de Fleece - starting to think about goals and available time for this year's Tour in July.
Weaving
  • Planning the warp for the first project on my portable loom
Fiber Collection
  • Tibetan Mastiff Shed - the dogs have started their shed for 2020, which means collection is happening now.
  • Preparing for Alpaca Shearing Day in May.
Ruminating
  • A collection related to birds

This is just the stuff that I'm actively thinking about and working on.. with respect to Fiber.

I'm also thinking about a class I intend to teach in the fall, a book I've started writing, my day job, the state of our government, nutrition, fitness, a dog show, ... and a few other things.  :-)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: