Friday, February 7, 2020

Fiber Arts Friday: Estes Park Wool Market 2020, part 1

On February 1st, I signed up for a couple of classes at the Estes Park Wool Market in June.

Taking classes at Wool and Fiber Markets has been on my list for a while, so this year I am finally doing it.  :-)

I will be taking the Clemes & Clemes Exploring the Drum Carder class and the Finished with Excellence class with Paula Koerner.

First off, I have a half-sized drum carder that I bought used a while back.  I've been using it with reasonable success, but other than one overview session covering all of the fiber prep steps in my Learning to Spin class a dozen years ago, I have no training on how to properly use this tool.

I adore both Henry and Roy, and bought one of their Modern Wheels last year.  I've also heard a lot of good reviews on this class, so I expect to learn a lot.


The second class, Finished with Excellence, has a lot of swatching homework to complete before June.
  • 4  4-inch Stockinette
  • 4  4-inch Garter
  • 1  3-inch 2x2 Rib
  • 1  3-inch 1x1 Rib
  • 4  started, but incomplete Stockinette
For a total of 14 swatches in a prescribed yarn and needle size plus several other supplies.

Fortunately, I have plenty of yarn left over from my Santaclava and Santa Hat projects that meet the requirements.


As an experienced knitter I have (obviously) done a lot of finishing, but it's something that I've always thought I could do better.  So I am looking forward to spending one full day learning how to do these techniques better.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: