Friday, May 24, 2019

Fiber Arts Friday: Re-versioning a Wrap

This started out as a Surfinia Wrap.


I cast this piece on before I started the Rocky Mountain Raptor piece in early 2017.

The color of the yarn reminded me of the Great Horned Owls that we have in our area.  So I thought I would make this piece for myself... some day.

It spent most of the last two years resting, but I've been working on it more over the last month or two.  I was feeling like it might be ready to start the lace portion soon.... then I saw this Copperbranch pattern on Ravelry.

This pattern is much more in the direction of things I like.... more structural and not overly feminine.

I briefly thought that I would make the Copperbranch pattern with my second skein of this same cashmere+merino yarn... then I realized that I could just change the end of the shawl I'm currently working on.

So the first step was to move the markers from every 12 stitches to every 16.


I did that by adding safety pin type markers at 16 stitches then removed the hoop type markers as I knit the next row.  Then I counted every stitch on the following row to I hadn't made a mistake.

Now that the markers have been moved successfully, I'm in the process of knitting to the appropriate amount of stitches for the lace pattern.... repeats of 16 + 3 stitches on each end.


My current plan is to finish the small ball prior to starting the lace portion, which should finish out at 22 repeats.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: