Friday, May 31, 2019

Fiber Arts Friday: Twined Mittens, part 5

Knitting is Finished on my Twined, Handspun, Gunnar Mittens!


The ends have been woven in and the lifelines have been removed!


I chose not to try to match the more tightly wound section due to the multiple rip outs on mitten #1.  Mostly because I didn't realize how far along I was until it was too late.... ;-)


I love working with this yarn, and especially appreciate the subtle variation of color.  This 3-ply, handspun yarn has a lot of character.  My cell phone camera and bright light don't capture it well.

The finished mittens are quite soft and the fabric is very dense.  I'm looking forward to finally gifting them to my friend.... after the County Fair later this summer.  ;-)  The mittens and a yarn sample will be entered in the handspun/finished goods class.

I first queued this idea is September 2015.

I started spinning for this project in June 2018 and knitting began in October 2018.  I have published 28 posts over the last 11 months.

Thank you for hanging in there with me and Happy Fiber Arts Friday!


Final Status:
Total Fleece Prepared:  11 3/8 oz

Singles to be Plied:  3/4 oz
Finished Yarn Remaining:  2 1/2 oz
Yarn in Mittens: 2 5/8 oz

Carded Fleeces Remaining to Spin: 5 1/2 oz

No comments: