Friday, February 15, 2019

Fiber Arts Friday: Fiber Celebration, part 17

The third time is the charm.  Right?

After ripping the top out for the second time, the decreases for my Gunnar Mitten top is ready to be bound off again.


I think this part is interesting.... the reason for spinning opposite for the Twined Technique is so the yarn twist gets tighter during the knitting process and makes a more dense fabric.


The section between the two life lines has been ripped out twice and knit thrice.  This yarn is twisted more tightly than the fabric above and below the lines.  It is also more dense and the stitches slant to the right.

I'm now trying to decide if this is a design feature or a fault.  Either way I'm not planning to rip it out again.  I may try to replicate the slant on the second mitten.  If I'm able to, then I suspect I'll be more willing to call it a design feature.  ;-)

Anyway, I just learned that the Fiber Celebration is being suspended for 2019.  :-(  Today was my expected the submission deadline and I'm way behind schedule.  So I guess its a good thing, even if it is a bummer.

I have plenty of time to finish before the County Fair in July/August... and maybe I'll find another show that's appropriate for hand-spun, hand-knit, chiengora, mittens. 

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: