Friday, February 21, 2020

Fiber Arts Friday: Dress Form

I know this will sound silly, but it didn't occur to me that one could buy a dress form until a few years ago.... One friend had posted one on her blog and then another had one custom made that matched her body size.  So I figured I would get one at some point, but even as I photographed scarves and shawls on chairs and railings, it really wasn't a priority until recently.

I've been working on a project for a competition later this year and felt it needed a dress form to be displayed properly in the submission photos.

There are so many options.  Dress forms come in wire, adjustable, black, white, and different prints.  The number of options is overwhelming, at least for someone who doesn't enjoy shopping.  ;-)

I really like the jute-covered head I got a while back, but I needed a darker color for this project.  So I figured I'd get a black dress form.  Then, just as I was about to click on the purchase button, I noticed a red one.

A few weeks later, I finally made the purchase and she arrived soon after.


Please meet my new dress form.  She is wearing my Best in Show Winning Alpaca Wrap, for now.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: