Friday, January 24, 2020

Fiber Arts Friday: Looms, part 3

My new Portable Loom arrived last weekend!


I meant to take photos of the unpacking process, but sometimes excitement gets in the way... She was packed extremely well and arrived safely.  :-)


As with anything that requires shipping, assembly is also required.  So I was especially delighted to find a proper Phillip's Screwdriver included... As a farmer and engineer, I have a collection of proper tools, but nothing is more disappointing than finding those tiny, nearly-useless Allen wrenches in the box...  So with a proper Phillip's Screwdriver as well as proper Phillip's screws..... I was pretty happy.


The heddles took some time to put on the frames.... especially with Wonton holding them down for me (one of the last things we did together).


But I got the 4 harnesses loaded up with heddles and back into the castle.  whew.


It also took some time to realize I had the base upside down.  But once I got that figured out, I was able to connect the restraints, break, and castle.


She is collapsible!!  Which is the primary reason I wanted a smaller jack loom...


... and everything is functional!


LeClerc does make a stand with foot pedals.  I wasn't sure if I wanted it yet, so she will be resting on a card table for now.


The next step is to learn how to warp her and figure out why I have one extra warping rod.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!  :-)

No comments: