Friday, March 9, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday: St. Baldrick's

One of my very favorite friends is tremendously generous.  She is always giving of her time... volunteering and raising money for important causes.  Her most recent effort is for the St. Baldrick's Foundation.

We don't live near each other anymore...  I miss her very much...  She's shaving her head today...  It's still winter...  I think her head might get cold...  I made this hat...


The yarn is merino + silk + baby alpaca.  So yummy, soft and squishy.

It should keep her bald head nice and warm.  :-)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely idea, and a really cute cap. You seem very generous too, have a great weekend!

x

Natalie said...

I love your hat...I think your friend will love it too, especially on her new bald head. You seem to be as generous as she is.

Thank you for sharing.

Melissa Plank said...

It's a wonderful hat made even more special by all the love that went into making it! You are a good friend.

Andria said...

Oh my, shaving her head!! I think my head would be very lumpy shape, so I had better keep my hair. Your hate is super squashy lovely. An excellent present.

pinkundine said...

Lovely idea, and that yarn sounds wonderfully cosy!

Voie de Vie said...

Great hat ... and I assume it's handspun? Even better for your friend!

Carol said...

What a good friend you are. I think socks and hats are about the nicest handmade gifts you can give someone.

Vivian said...

How sweet of you! My son's school does St. Baldrick's too and I have offered to donate hats to the teachers and students, but he's too chicken to present them.

Kathryn Ray said...

It's actually not hand-spun... It's Madeline Tosh which was very nice to work with.

I totally wish I had the guts to shave my head.

Kathryn Ray said...

Vivian - I bet the participants would love handmade hats. He shouldn't be self-conscious.

Erin Kate said...

That yarn sounds like heaven! Love the hat, too.

Spinster Beth said...

What a lovely gift :)

WonderWhyGal said...

I love the ribbing on the hat. What a great gift to give your friend. I can just imagine how wonderful it will feel on a freshly shaved head.

Unknown said...

Beautiful hat... it's always nice to share some love.