I had been working on my quasi-commission project for a few weeks when I ran out of yarn at about 75% complete. :-(
I used the hand-spun Aspen I wrote about a few weeks ago.
When I wound it on my niddy-noddy, the yardage came out shorter than I expected, but I told myself that I had mis-counted. Of course, that wasn't true. My counting skills are just fine.
I spun the yarn a little thicker than I had intended and I suppose the alpaca/silk blend weighs more than the merino/bamboo blend I used on an earlier version of this project.
Does anyone know of a table that compares fibers and weights? I think that could be helpful when planning future projects.
Anyway, I knew for sure that I would run out a couple of weeks ago. So I called my supplier and asked for just 4 more ounces.
My supplier had just placed an order with her supplier. So it would be a couple of weeks before she has the roving. Then she had to dye it. It just arrived yesterday, so now I have to spin it. It's a long and complicated supply chain. Ok, it isn't that long nor that complicated, but this is a dramatic story. ;-)
The new roving is of the same colorway, but a different lot, which means the color may not match exactly. I'm hopeful that I will be able to overcome that issue when the time comes.
So here's a little teaser... the alpaca/silk known as Aspen knit up.
Make your Friday great by visiting Wisdom Begins in Wonder and the rest of the Fiber Arts Friday Folks.