Friday, January 21, 2011

Fiber Arts Friday: More Spinning

Two weeks in a row of spinning posts!  I am very proud of myself.  Especially since I haven't done this much spinning since the Tour de Fleece last summer.  ;-)


I am loving it.  There is something about the rhythm and focus of spinning that is very relaxing.


This is an alpaca/silk blend painted by Knitty and Color.  It's just lovely.  So soft and lustrous.


The final result is 4 ounces, 142 yards at 18 wpi.


This yarn is being used for the quasi-commission piece I mentioned last week.

In the meantime, ensure you visit the Wonder Why Gal and all of the Fiber Arts Friday Participants.

6 comments:

Dutch Hollow said...

What great colors. It's so interesting to see what roving will turn into when spun.

WonderWhyGal said...

That roving is beautiful and I love how it spun up in singles. I am always curious about how it changes from being a single-v-plied.

I have knitted with a few of my experiments in singles now...and I have to say that the color really does pop more.

Thank you for sharing. I always love your Fiber Arts Friday posts xoxo

Chrissy said...

Wow what amazing yarn. I bet you can't wait to knit with it.

Kathryn Ray said...

Thanks! I love how this yarn turned out too.

@CraftyCripple - you are correct, I couldn't wait to start knitting with it. It's knitting up beautifully. Hopefully I will have enough to show next week. :-)

AllyB said...

Awesome handspun! I love the blue/brown combination.

The Critter Ranch said...

Awesome spinning great colors in that roving..