Friday, July 22, 2022

Fiber Arts Friday: Save Our Sheep Sweater, part 11

Picking up my Save our Sheep Sweater with part 11 as I approach the end of the Gulf Coast Breed Band... So far this summer, I have been able to get one or two rows completed most mornings before chores and work while it's still cool out.

I did two extra rows on the body before starting the increase shaping for the hips next.  At this point I have 52 rows + Bind Off or about 5.5 inches left to go on the body length.  But...,


Due to the decreases allowing for more rows on the arm than I planned for, it's looking like the Gulf Coast Breed Band on the body will be a few rows less than the arms.  I need to decide if I'm ok with it.... 

At the time of this writing, the delta is 5 rows and is expected to be 3 or 4 rows.  We'll see how I feel in a few days.  TINKing back 3-4 rows on two sleeves is not a huge deal to keep track of.

Otherwise with 52 rows to complete, and about 4g per row, I laid my sweater out and considered the last two breed band options...

I've decided to not include the Leicester Longwool for the Breed Band, for the same reason that the Navajo Churro is being left out of this sweater, lack of stretch.

Therefore, the Shropshire, is now set aside for the Button Band, and the next two bands are currently planned to be Jacob (grey) and Black Welsh Mountain (black).

I'm still expecting to be complete with this sweater in September/October.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: