Friday, June 14, 2019

Fiber Arts Friday: Twined Mittens, part 6

One more post with better photos of my Twined Tibetan Mastiff Mittens.


They have been washed and blocked and the finished mittens have a lovely halo that the yarn does not have.


I find this whole process magical.... what starts out undercoat that keeps my dog warm, is shed when he no longer needs it, then turned it into yarn and a useful pair of warm mittens.  As I write this, he's in the process of shedding his current winter coat.  This is the ultimate in sustainability.


The mittens are quite soft, even if they have a small amount of prickle from the guard hair that made it into the batts.


I love them so much and I can't wait to gift them to my friend... and now I really want to make a pair for myself.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

No comments: