Friday, July 5, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece, part 2

As I mentioned last week, my bobbin of cotton was started before this year's Tour de Fleece.


Saturday, June 29 - sheared alpacas

No spinning happened today.  I was on the road before 6:00 am, shearing by 8:30 am, finished at 7:00 pm and home at 9:15 pm.  I sheared a personal record of 18 alpacas in one day at a farm about 2 hours from here.  So by the time I was home, clean and said hello to everyone, the spinning just wasn't going to happen.

Sunday, June 20

My Tour is underway and I managed to see a little coverage of the race as well.


Monday, July 1


Tuesday, July 2


Wednesday, July 3

Literally only 5 minutes available for spinning today, but I did spin.  :-)


Thursday, July 4 - Independence Day, Holiday from the DayJob, Sheared Alpacas

I sheared a for new client who is also relatively new to alpacas and gave one of their boys a Mohawk which I think turned out pretty good.  ;-)


Then I managed about 90 minutes of spinning.  :-)


At the end of the first week, I am down one day and I have spun a 1/2 ounce of cotton.... only 5 ounces to go.  I'm thinking I may not finish this ball before the three weeks are over.


Happy Fiber Arts Friday, and Happy Independence Day weekend if you are State-side.

8 comments:

Vivian said...

Your shearing schedule sounds pretty crazy, that on top of a day job and things you need to do around the farm. Hope you'll have some time to rest soon.

I'm surprised there isn't much coverage about the Tour at all, at least not in mainstream media, as if people are trying to forget about it.

Voie de Vie said...

I can't wait to see that cotton all spun and plied. I do so love cotton.

And love the mohawk!!!!!! I hope you're having some sort of holiday time off.

Unknown said...

I ca't imagine spinning cotton, and I am not even a real spinner. You go girl! Love the mohawk!!! My girls always threaten to do that to our moppy dogs. But I doubt their soft hair would stand up. LOL

Cathy Johnson said...

You certainly have had a busy week! Hope you get plenty of rest over the weekend. That Mohawk makes me chuckle every time ;)

AllyB said...

Kudos to you on spinning cotton. Since I don't like knitting with cotton I don't foresee undertaking a spinning project like that any time soon. You are a shearing Goddess! I love the Mohawks too. Hope you're having a great holiday weekend!

WonderWhyGal said...

Even your little bit of spinning cotton is still more that I've ever done. I love that you are spinning it.

Carol said...

Good luck with Tour de Fleece. Love the Mohawk on that alpaca!

Natalie said...

Oh my, I love love the mohawk. You should make that your shearing signature...at least on the boys.