Friday, July 26, 2013

Fiber Arts Friday: Tour de Fleece 2013, part 5

The Tour de Fleece is now over.... here's how the last few days went.

Friday, July 19


Saturday, July 20


Sunday, July 21

I sheared today and spun a little.


Epilogue

I didn't state it as a goal, but I was hoping to finish the full 5 1/2 ounces of cotton.  Then about half-way through the Tour I thought I'd be happy if I just filled the bobbin before the Tour was over.

Before:

5 1/2 ounces

After:
4 1/2 ounces
 

In the end, I'm really just happy that I was able to spin each day... and even one extra day during the Tour.  I had been waffling on whether to participate because I wasn't sure I had the time to dedicate.  I'm happy I did.  I enjoyed the camaraderie and while my cotton is not finished, I am a lot further along.  :-)

But with only one ounce spun in three weeks, I guess that means the cotton will take at least 14 weeks of spinning every day to finish it.  :-o

Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

5 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Good luck finishing it up....

WonderWhyGal said...

You will be happier with your yarn once it's finished.

Vivian said...

Good for extra spinning day in the tour. More important you enjoyed the spinning, I'm sure it will finish some day.

katie metzroth said...

good for you! You can never go wrong with lovely classic cream! :)

Voie de Vie said...

That's gonna be a lot of cotton once it's all spun!