Friday, November 30, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday: Revised Alpaca Hat Finished!

After all of the Thanksgiving festivities were over last weekend, I found some quiet time on the sofa with my needles and hand-spun alpaca... I only had a few rows to go and some ends to weave in.


I am much happier with this version and have been wearing it most of the week.  :-)


Now I (finally) have my very own alpaca hat... hand-spun (not by me), from one of our very own alpacas. :-)  The other one will most likely be going into a gift box.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks so soft and warm. Glad it finally worked out for you.

Claire Davenport said...

Ooh, that looks soooo toasty and warm!

Carol said...

I love alpaca - so soft and warm. I'm sure you will get to wear it often this winter.

Cathy Johnson said...

Your hat is so gorgeous, have I said it before? But it is! :) and it's from your alpaca that must be so gratifying! And thank you for all your encouragements about my spinning :)

AllyB said...

There is nothing more toasty than an alpaca hat. The one I made last year is my favorite. I know you'll enjoy wearing that super soft hat. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Vivian said...

That hat looks warm and toasty, just in time for winter.

As for your introvert post, I've read it somewhere that the best way to tell if someone is an introvert -- she relaxes by being alone; extrovert relaxes by going out partying. I definitely need some "wind-down" time after talking to many people.

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Lovely hat, it looks very cosy

Heather Woollove said...

How lovely...to have a hat from your own animals!