Friday, November 23, 2012

Fiber Arts Friday: Alpaca Hat

So the last few weeks have gotten away from me...

Since our first alpaca show (now a few weeks ago) I've gone live with a software tool at my day job, done a lot of testing, training, demoing and begun preparations for the next phase of the project.  I worked thru Hubba's and my Anniversary, gone live with our own Farm Website (alpacamundo.com), had Thanksgiving dinner and hosted(ing) a few guests.

I have been fibering, but it's been in very small amounts here and there, and honestly not entirely enjoyable.  I don't like it when work makes me so tired that I can't really enjoy the things that I enjoy.  As a result I currently have three simple projects sort of in progress and a few more not in progress.  :-/

It occurred to me last Friday, when I had no idea it was Friday... some how the days are moving at an exceptional rate.  Certainly the shorter daylight hours are contributing to the feeling... But anyway it occurred to me last Friday that it's generally getting pretty cold over night....  Haha, yes.  I do know it is November.  Geez.

Anyway, I thought it might be good to finish off my revised alpaca hat.  After all, it would be nice to have my head warm when I am outside.

So I set the other projects aside and have tried to focus on knitting.  That's right, just knitting all of the rounds until it's done.


I'm not quite there, but I am decreasing now.  Happy Fiber Arts Friday, and if you are state-side, Happy Thanksgiving as well.

10 comments:

Heather Woollove said...

Kathryn--I know what you mean about time telescoping, sometimes! Congratulations on your website. It was worth all the hard work! XO

Gracey is not my name.... said...

The hat is looking good....I watched the videos on the other site, except the one about the alpacas reacting to each other...it stated the video was private...the Hubs has talked about maybe raising alpacas in the future...his parents have quite a bit of land...and we may eventually end up out there...

AllyB said...

Your hat looks like it will be nice and warm. And being white it will go with everything you wear. I'm looking out the window and seeing that the snow is becoming a bit heavier and the wind is still blowing hard. Maybe we'll get a little winter in the next couple of days after yesterday's 62. I know what you mean about work sapping your brain power. Seems like time has been flying for the past couple months. I'm looking forward to it slowing down a bit now and hope it will for you also. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

WonderWhyGal said...

Aw, I hate to hear when Fiber Arts just aren't fun but that does happen when work gets in the way.

Your hat is gorgeous! Hopefully when it's done you can wear it and remember to slow down and enjoy...even if it's one stitch at a time.

Voie de Vie said...

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving! I was rooting for the tibetan spaniel for best in show, but the terrier took it again. Did you see the Mastiffs in the working category? I was a little bummed that they didn't show the Bernese going through its paces. :)

Take it easy -

Spinster Beth said...

I know what you mean about being too tired to enjoy fibering ... I don't like it when I can't have *enjoyable* knitting time! Hang in there!

Vivian said...

The hat is so close to done, hope to see the finished project next week. When I really don't have the time and energy to think about knitting projects I just knit garter stitch squares. At least my hands are tough yarn and that makes me happy.

Cathy Johnson said...

Wow you have been busy, I don't know how you fit it all in! That hat is looking good, I'm sure it will be nice and cosy when finished :)

Carol said...

your website looks great - colorful, easy to read and locate information. I know what you mean about getting anything done, craft wise and I'm trying to work on some simple socks for my husband.

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Your hat is looking great. Hope you got a chance for a bit of a break over the holiday