Friday, March 31, 2023

Fiber Arts Friday: Twisted Rib Stocking Cap, part 2

As of last time I was about half-complete with The Twisted Rib Stocking Cap... and I had been working on nothing else for 16 days and it was starting to feel like a slog...  So I took a short break of about two days to set the plan and finish the Button Band on my SOS Sweater, which I posted about last week.  It's amazing what a small break can do for energy and productivity.  :-)

As I was getting close to the end of the tube.  I added the blue marker to help judge the time and length remaining..

My intent was to do the crown decreases in 4 sections, but I decided that I liked the top of the my recent Heel Stitch Hat better, so once the length was complete, I finished the top of the hat...


I divided the hat in half, then did a double-decrease at each end, with a 3-Needle Bind-off from the inside to make the top closure.

I really love this yarn.  I should have enough for a pair of mitts now that this hat is complete... but on to some other yarn for a little while.  ;-)

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!

No comments: